Basic Troubleshooting for HP 940XL Ink CartridgesJanuary 21, 2014 No Comments
HP 940XL ink cartridges are the replacement printer cartridges for HP inkjet printers, OfficeJet Pro 8000, OfficeJet Pro 8000 Wireless and OfficeJet Pro 8500. It consists of 4 ink cartridges namely the HP C4906AN black ink, HP C4907AN cyan ink, HP C4908AN yellow ink and HP C4909AN magenta ink. It has printing page yield of up to 2,200 pages for monochrome printouts and 1,400 pages for colored printouts.
And if you happen to own one of the OfficeJet Pro Series mentioned above, well, this article might help you when it comes to the basic troubleshooting methods which concerns installing or using the HP 940XL ink cartridges. Here is a compilation of solutions to the usual problems faced by HP printer users from HP Support Center.
Problem:When the power light is on and one or more cartridge lights are blinking/OfficeJet Pro 8000 Printer notifies that the ink cartridge is missing/ OfficeJet Pro 8000 Printer Displays Error Message on Computer that ink cartridge is damage
The cause of this error condition is that one or more cartridge might be missing, already out of ink or that is not installed properly in the cartridge tray. Another cause may be one or more of the cartridges are defective or damaged. To solve this problem, here are the following troubleshooting procedures to follow:
Solution 1 – Replacing the Missing Cartridges
1. Open the cartridge cover of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 printer.
2. Check for any missing cartridges. If there is no cartridge missing, you can skip to the next solution. If any cartridges are missing, proceed to the next step.
3. Remove the new HP 940XL cartridge from its package.
4. Align the cartridge with its color-coded slot and then insert the cartridge in its slot. After that, press down firmly on the cartridge to ensure proper contact.
Solution 2 – Replacing the Cartridges with Low Ink Levels
1. Grasp the cartridge that is low on ink between your thumb and forefinger, and then pull it out of the slot.
2. Remove the new HP 940XL cartridge from its package.
3. Align the cartridge with its color-coded slot and then insert the cartridge in its slot. After that, press down firmly on the cartridge to ensure proper contact.
Solution 3 – Remove and Then Reinsert the HP 940XL Ink Cartridge
1. Open the cartridge cover.
2. Grasp the cartridge between your thumb and forefinger, and then pull it out of the slot.
3. Align the cartridge with its color-coded slot then reinsert the cartridge into its slot. Then press down firmly on the cartridge to ensure the proper contact.
4. If the control panel indicates more than one cartridge, then repeat steps 2 and steps 3 to remove then reinsert the cartridges.
Solution 4 – Reset the Printer
1. Press the Power button to turn off the product.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
3. Unplug the power cord from the power source or wall outlet.
4. Wait for 30 seconds.
5. Plug the power cord back into the power source or wall outlet.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
7. Then lastly, press the Power button to turn on the product.
If the problem still occurs, you might need further assistance from HP to solve the problem. You can easily contact HP and ask them to service your printer to check and figured out its real problem.
Images credit to HP Solutions Center