Basic Troubleshooting for Lexmark 100XL Ink CartridgesJanuary 21, 2014 No Comments
The Lexmark 100XL ink cartridges are a set of printer cartridges that replaces OEM part numbers: 14N1068, 14N1069, 14N1070 and 14N1071. These inks are replacement cartridges for several Lexmark inkjet printers including IMPACT S301, Platinum PRO905, Prestige PRO805, Prevail PRO705 Prospect PRO205 and Genesis S815. Considering that it is used by several inkjet printers, there is a large statistic of consumers who uses Lexmark 100XL ink cartridges and that’s why we’re going to give several basic troubleshooting procedures for Lexmark 100XL ink cartridges problems.
Installing the Lexmark 100XL Ink Cartridges
- When installing a new Lexmark 100XL cartridge, first remove the sticker and the transparent tape from the bottom of the cartridge. Keep in mind that you should not touch the gold contact area on the back or the metal print cartridge nozzles in the bottom.
- Unless the cartridge is already open, press down the cartridge lever to raise the cartridge lid.
- Then insert the black cartridge or ink cartridges in the left carrier or the color cartridge in the right remaining slots.
- Snap the lid closed.
- Then close the printer cover. When the new cartridge is detected, the printer will asked if an alignment page should be printed. To align the cartridges, first, make sure that YES appears on the display and then press the Select button to print an alignment page.
- From your computer, after installing the cartridges open the utility program in your desktop. The Auto Alignment dialog will appear, click continue to print the alignment page. The Alignment Status dialog will appear then click OK. After that, close the Utility Program.
Error Message Showing Lexmark 100XL Ink Cartridge is Missing
- Take the ink cartridges out of your Lexmark inkjet printer then check out if all the tape or clips is removed from each of the cartridges.
- While your Lexmark printer is on, pull the power cable at the back of your printer and leave it off for 15 minutes. This will clear the error from your printer’s memory.
- Go back and check the cartridges, if it has a micro chip, wipe it with a tissue or cloth.
- Turn on the printer again and place back the cartridges until they are fully clicked into place.
Error Message When Installing Full Set of New Lexmark 100XL Ink Cartridges
- Follow the same instruction above.
- If the problem reoccurs, place the old cartridges back then change the new cartridges into it one by one. This will identify which cartridge is causing the error.
Poor Printing Quality
- If you encountered such problem, do some head and nozzle cleans. The bad printing quality may just happen due to the residue of inks stuck in these components. You can also clean these parts through your printer software that instructs the flow of ink to leave around 20 minutes between each clean.
Printer Has Stopped Printing After Installation
- The possible reason for this is that the tape that covers the hole is not removed. Check if the breathing hole has been released by removing a small “rip strip” in the cartridge.
Low Ink Levels on New Installed Lexmark 100XL Ink Cartridges
- This is usually normal especially if you’re installing compatible ink cartridges on your Lexmark inkjet printer. You can resume printing and ignore it. Or you can reset your ink cartridges or change its chip to stop the error messages from popping out of your screen.
Different Size of Ink Cartridge
- When buying compatible Lexmark ink cartridges, the size and look may vary from the original but this will not affect the quality of your printout and will still work perfectly with your printer.
Cartridge Running Lower Than What It Page Yield Promises
- The page yield that is indicated at the product specification is based on a 5% coverage which is similar to printouts that is covered mostly by texts. If you happen to be printing photo-based printouts, then your coverage will likely be most around 10% thus will deliver a lower page yield.
For more solutions and troubleshooting procedures, you can always visit Lexmark official website and troubleshooting page.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /home/content/t/o/n/tonerboss/html/wp-content/themes/mymag/single.php on line 24