How to Fix ‘Install Black Cartridge” and Blinking Toner Light on HP LaserJet Pro P1102 PrinterJanuary 22, 2014 No Comments
The HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer is an affordable and wireless printing device that lets printer users print virtually from anywhere in their home or office with several users thanks to its advanced networking system. It delivers fast printing performance of up to 19 pages per letter-size printouts and 18 pages per minute for A4-size printouts. It also features a built-in energy-saving feature that helps save money and other resources. It works with replacement printer cartridges, HP CE285A (HP 85A) Black Laser Toner Cartridge that has a printing page yield of 1,600 pages.
And for today’s article, we’re going to give you a compilation of solutions on how you can fix an ‘Install Black Cartridge’ error message display on the control panel or blinking toner light on HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer when you have just installed new HP CE285A toner.
Problem: You have just installed the product and inserted new HP CE285A (HP 85A) toner. But when you turn on the product, an “Install Black Cartridge” error message pops out on your screen or the toner light keeps blinking on the control panel display.
- Turn off the HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer.
- Open the toner cartridge door of the printer.
- Lift up the paper packing, but do not remove it.
- Remove the packaging on the print cartridge.
- Then remove the toner cartridge from the product.
- Remove the packaging from the inside of the product.
- Then remove the orange clip from the end of the printer cartridge.
- After that, gently rock the laser toner cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner evenly.
- Bend the tab on the left side of the print cartridge until the tab breaks loose then pull the tab to remove all the sealing tape from the print cartridge. Take note that if the toner gets on your clothing, you can wipe it off with a dry fabric cloth or wash it with cold water. Never use hot water or the toner will set in your cloth.
- Insert the laser toner cartridge then close the printer cartridge door.
- Lastly, turn on the HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer and wait for it to initialize.
If the following steps above didn’t solve the error in your printer and the problem continue to persists, service the product by calling the HP Support Center. Remember that if your product is still in warranty, there will be no fees. But if your HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer is already out of warranty, fees might be applied for contacting HP Support.
Solutions & Images Credits from HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer Support
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /home/content/t/o/n/tonerboss/html/wp-content/themes/mymag/single.php on line 24