How to Store Your HP Toner CartridgesJuly 23, 2012 2 Comments
HP toner cartridges are the printer consumables used by your HP laser printers. These printer cartridges contain HP toner powder, a dry carbon powder melt-mixed with high-engineered polymer to develop high-quality printouts with sharp character transition and live, smooth color resolution perfect for printing documents and graphics. Since laser toner cartridges cost higher than inkjet cartridges including HP toner cartridges, most printer users tend to buy set and stock up to save money and their selves from the hassle of having to buy time after time they’re HP printers are low on toner. But storing them isn’t as easy as it may seem, HP toner cartridges contain light and heat sensitive parts, and if not stored properly may cause the cartridge to damage even before you can take it out of its box. With this in mind, we’re going to give you some useful tips on how you can stock your HP toner cartridges on the right way and get the best out of you what you paid for.
Here are some of those tips:
- HP toner cartridges are light-sensitive – At all cause, avoid exposing your HP toner cartridges to sunlight or any other lighting. Some components in your printer cartridges are very light sensitive. Letting them under the sunlight for a long time will damage these components and damage your HP toner cartridges.
- Take note of its temperature – Your HP toner cartridges should be keep at a room temperature. Too much cold or heat may cause its components to tear apart as well, making it useless when you try to use it in your printer.
- Avoid any heat registers - As much as light can damage your HP toner cartridges, so does heat can. Heat can cause the toner to fused to the plastic cartridge and can later cause on print blots, or worst, to a useless cartridge.
- Don’t remove its packaging – If you’re not going to use it, don’t remove it from its packaging since this will likely cause your HP toner cartridges to be prone to damage. Never touch its electric component as well, refrain your curiosity.
- Keep in mind, its shelf-life - HP toner cartridges has a total life of 24 months, 18 months for its shelf-life and 6 months for its installed life. Your HP toner cartridges if stored properly can even exceed the its shelf-life time span of 18 months, so make sure you stock them up properly.
TonerBoss.com is the leading specialist in providing quality compatible printer supplies for HP printers. All products are guaranteed to meet your printing requirements and satisfaction. Our extensive line of compatible HP toner cartridges include replacement for HP black toners, color toners and MICR toners, that covers almost all HP laser printers, 100% guarantee to deliver consistent, high-quality output. We are your best partner in providing quality & affordable printer consumables delivered thru excellent customer service. Free shipping on laser toner and ink cartridges on all contiguous U.S. orders amounting to $49 or more. So what are you waiting for? Shop for your HP toner cartridges at TonerBoss.com!