How to Take Care of Your HP Toner CartridgesJune 13, 2012 No Comments
HP toner cartridges are the consumable components of your HP laser printers. HP toner cartridges also called “HP toners” are printer cartridges that contain toner, a powder composed of melt-mixed with engineered-polymer and other chemical substances to produce quality printouts. Beside from HP laser printers, they are also used in HP fax machines, HP multifunction printers and HP MICR printers. These printer cartridges make it possible for your HP laser printers to work and deliver you solid printouts by its toner being transferred into the paper thru the electrostatic charged drum unit and fused into the paper by heated rollers during the printing process. And since its consumable, HP printer users tend to stock up HP toner cartridges. But storing them do require proper care, so in this article, we’re going to give you some helpful tips on how to take care of your HP toner cartridges:
- Keep your HP toner cartridges sealed and store at room temperature 60 to 78 degrees Fahrenheit or 15 to 26 degrees Celsius. Heat is the number one killer of toner; if left near a heat register, the toner will fuse within the cartridges and will cause blots when used. There’s a greater possibility that it might not work too. Excessive cold or humidity can damage your HP toner cartridges too.
- Keep your HP toner cartridges away from sunlight. These laser toner cartridges contain light-sensitive components which may be damaged by direct or excessive sunlight.
- Do not touch your HP toner cartridges’ electric components. As it was said earlier, your HP toner cartridges contain sensitive components that can easily be damage if not handled properly.
- When replacing them, never try to force your HP toner cartridges in or out of your HP printer. The compatible HP toner cartridge will perfectly fit and work on your HP printer.
- Take note of your HP toner cartridges shelf life. Though many printer users say that HP toner cartridges can last for a year or two being stored, we definitely recommend them to be used over 18 months. HP toner cartridges have a life expectancy of 24 months, 18 months for its shelf life and 6 months for its install life.
At TonerBoss.com, the leading HP toners and printer cartridges specialist, provide quality printer supplies for your HP printers. All products are guaranteed to meet your printing requirements and satisfaction. Our extensive line of compatible HP toners includes replacement for HP black toners, color toners and MICR toners, which covers almost all HP printer models. When it comes to your HP printer supplies, TonerBoss is almost your one-stop shop. All products are backed by 1 year warranty for your 100% satisfaction and convenience.
More than that, TonerBoss offers a volume discount for purchasing select remanufactured HP toner cartridges, giving 15% discount to customers who will buy 3 or more of the same HP cartridge plus free-shipping. So what are you waiting for? Save more when you order from TonerBoss.com!