“Low Ink” Warnings on Dell 922 and Dell 924 All-in-One PrintersFebruary 4, 2014 No Comments
The Dell 922 and Dell 924 are photo all-in-one printers that are design to deliver lively-colors and excellent printing resolution for home users who loves printing photographs from time to time. And if you happen to be using one of these two inkjet all-in-one photo printers, then you might want to check out this article. This will help you to understand and respond to “low ink” warnings that sometimes appear when installing new compatible or remanufactured Dell ink cartridges in your Dell 922 and Dell 924 printers.
Printer Ink Compatibility
- Dell 922 All-in-One Printer Inks – Dell M4640 black ink cartridge, Dell M4646 tri-color ink cartridge
- Dell 924 All-in-One Printer Inks – Dell M4640 black ink cartridge, Dell M4646 tri-color ink cartridge
First of all, you should know that once an OEM Dell cartridge is inserted into your printer, your machine will track the ink used for that particular cartridge. When the cartridge has used 80% of the ink, your Dell printer will begin to send notifications that tells your “ink level is low”. After you have installed new compatible or remanufactured Dell ink cartridges, there is a probability that it might still continue sending you the warning message. This is very common in Dell inkjet printers and since there is no chip to reset, since it is in the electronics of the cartridge.
You may ignore these warning messages and continue to print since the machine would operate normally. But if you want to disable the “low ink” warning message, then follow the steps below:
- Step 1 – From the Windows, click the Start menu then Programs. After that, click Dell printers then the Dell Photo AIO Printer 922/924, then proceed to Dell All In One Center.
- Step 2 – Click on Maintain/Troubleshoot then click on Ink Level. Then select the Advanced tab and click on the More Option command button.
- Step 3 – Click on the circle option button “Never display the printing status”.
- Step 4 – Click on the circle option button “Never display low ink messages” .
- Step 5 – Click OK to apply the setting change and close all application.
This will disable all the printing status and low ink messages that display from your PC. Take note that this operation can be reversed by repeating the steps and checking the display printing status in the taskbar and the display low ink messages option button.
If you’re looking for Dell 922 inkjet cartridges and Dell 924 inkjet cartridges: Dell M4640 black ink cartridge and Dell M4646 tri-color ink cartridge. ColorTonerExpert, the remanufactured printer cartridges specialist, offers compatible and remanufactured inks for Dell printers.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_related_posts() in /home/content/t/o/n/tonerboss/html/wp-content/themes/mymag/single.php on line 24